Friday, March 25, 2011

Green Bean Snackatizer

This evening I got the munchies with my Friday night glass o red wine. Normally, this would call for 10-20 carefully counted and recorded almonds at 7 calories each. Tonight, I was in the mood for a tastier more crunchy fare.

I choose steam-in-bag green beans with almond slivers. (green giant green beans and almonds).
I cooked them according to package directions, drained off excess water, and placed in a bowl.

I added 1 teaspoon of ghee and sprinkled with garlic powder and a dash of sea salt.

It was quick, tasty, crunchy, and only about 140 calories.

Of course, the best thing is to be sure and eat enough during the 4 meals a day, but if you wind up skipping one (like I did today) this will tide you over in a pinch.



No comments:

Post a Comment